Zipper Tab Tutorial
I'm sure there are a million zipper tab tutorials floating around the internet already. I'm adding this one as a companion to my Central Perk Crossbody bag pattern (possibly other bags in the future). I like to use metal zipper ends on my bags, but that isn't always an option...or maybe you just prefer a fabric zipper tab!
So, here is how I like to do it....maybe different than others...maybe the same. :)
For a #5 zipper (1.25" wide zipper tape) cut fabric and fusible woven interfacing 2.5" x 3". (Photos below are of a #5 zipper.)
For a #3 zipper (1" wide zipper tape) cut fabric and fusible woven interfacing 2.25" x 3".
Fuse the interfacing to the wrong side of the fabric, then follow the steps below!
1. Fold both long edges under 1/2" toward the wrong side and press.
2. Fold both short edges under 1/2" toward the wrong side and press.
3. Fold in half, bringing both short folded edges together, and press.
4. Insert the end of the zipper into the zipper tab, with the end at the fold.
5. Topstitch all the way around the zipper tab.
Enjoy your completed zipper tab! :)